Welcome to the personal home on the information super highway of Ben Drury.
I am an Uber Geek with a passion for inspiring people and solving problems. My mission is to inspire, motivate and challenge people to be brilliant and live life to the full. I want to see every person fulfilled in life and work.
I blog on leadership, organisational culture, customer service, entrepreneurship, success and how to get ‘stuff’ done!
- Failure is not final. In fact to get stuff wrong and make mistakes is merely learning something new. But failure IS difficult. It is tough to come to terms with sometimes. It knocks our self confidence and it can have a big impact on us.
One sure fire way to lessen the impact is to do more. Doing more insulates us ...more
- I saw this great little video the other week, with five life lessons to learn from the humble pencil. Watch and be inspired.
Take these five lessons with you today:
One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow
yourself to be held in someone’s hand.
Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but
- Compliance is not the same as commitment!
Compliant people wait to do what they're told. Then they do precisely what (they think) they were told and no more. They need lots of managing and reams of procedures to get the 'best' (or maybe most) out of them.
Committed people do what needs to be done. They don't need telling, they don't need regulating, then ...more
- Life is full of irritations. Things that bug us; things that annoy us; things that niggle us and make us grumble; things that make us rage even! Welcome to life! It'll be like that 'til the day (hopefully a long time from now) when you shuffle off this mortal coil. Things are always going to frustrate you. On a daily ...more
- Do you ever find yourself thinking things like, "if I won the lottery, then...", or "if only people would listen to me then...." or "if someone would offer me a job doing this then..."
"...THEN life would be sorted!"
It seems you're looking for a get out clause! Looking to a random event to save you! Hoping in something that more than ...more